The Refuge Camp Covid-19 Plan
One of the reasons we chose to rent Camp Quaker Haven for The Refuge camps is because of its outdoor setting. With the exception of chapel and meal times The Refuge programs will take place outside – in the pool, in the forest, along the river, in the field, on the court, down the giant slide, and under the pavilions. This, in and of itself, minimizes COVID 19 risks.
Camp Quaker Haven also has the following COVID 19 measures in place:
- Dining room tables socially distanced with additional seating outside in a covered pavilion
- No self-serve food or beverage stations
- Shields in the food service line with kitchen staff wearing masks while serving food and beverages
- Hand sanitizer stations upon entrance to the dining room and chapel
- Cabins, bathrooms, and indoor public spaces disinfected every morning with a spray disinfectant
We do not anticipate adding additional mitigation measures at this point.
*This plan is the director team’s best thoughts at this time. The COVID19 pandemic is a fluid situation which requires continuous evaluation and flexible responses . By the time July comes around measures may be increased or relaxed.
*This plan is the executive team’s best thoughts at this time. The COVID19 pandemic is a fluid situation that requires continuous evaluation and flexible responses. By the time July comes around measures may be increased or relaxed.