The Refuge Camp Covid-19 Plan
One of the reasons we chose to rent Camp Quaker Haven for The Refuge camps is because of its outdoor setting. With the exception of chapel and meal times The Refuge programs will take place outside – in the pool, in the forest, along the river, in the field, on the court, down the giant slide, and under the pavilions. This, in and of itself, minimizes COVID 19 risks. In addition, our program focuses on cabin groups experiencing the day together which means that campers will spend significant portions of their day with a consistent group of people.
Camp Quaker Haven also has the following COVID 19 measures in place:
- Temperature checks every morning before breakfast
- Dining room tables socially distanced with additional seating outside in a covered pavilion
- No self-serve food or beverage stations
- Shields in the food service line with kitchen staff wearing masks while serving food and beverages
- Hand sanitizer stations upon entrance to the dining room and chapel
- Cabins, bathrooms, and indoor public spaces disinfected every morning with a spray disinfectant
Additional measures of The Refuge camp programs will be:
- All persons masked upon arrival and during registration
- Temperature check of everyone during registration
- Campers and staff masked during large group and mixed cabin group activities where social distancing cannot be maintained
- Campers and staff masked during free time
*This plan is the executive team’s best thoughts at this time. The COVID19 pandemic is a fluid situation that requires continuous evaluation and flexible responses. By the time July comes around measures may be increased or relaxed.